Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blofeld Sample upgrade

Finally got the file from Waldorf and tried to get it to work:
Used sweet MIDI Player to upload unlocking mid file - my initial enthusiasm for the program is beginning to decline... but I was met by success - on startup the display now reads "v 1.15B11 SL" - I'm thinking that the SL is significant ;-)
The mail from Waldorf also described that I should probably upload the sample sounds from their site to the blofeld. So i searched the site (www.waldorfmusic.de) for the blofeld sample content and ended up with the file smpsounds.mid filling about 8 kB and tried to upload this to my blofeld using sweetmidi - without success the blofeld display just sticks with the message "Receving data, please be patient..." and never does anything else. And my blofeld still contained no samples.

So I tried some more internet-research - I discovered that the Spectre program (supplied as a beta from waldorf) actually can upload the mid files and that the samples I needed are in the spectre section of the waldorf site (sigh) - so I downloaded the Samples from that location and am currently in the process of uploading the samples to my blofeld using the Spectre program - the upload of samples takes about 18 minutes using USB/midi so theres plenty of time for this post :-)
However the smpsounds.mid file still did not work but I have come to the conclusion that I don't need it.
More on this later when the upload has completed (curerently at 63%)

No comments:

Post a Comment