Saturday, July 16, 2011

Current setup and installation

The last week has gone on-and-off with search for, installation and purchase of VST plugins for my DAW Ableton Live 8.
I've purchased and installed Gladiator 2 from tone2 http://www.tone2.com/ a great allround synth module with a revolutionary type of synthesis called HCM, I find it has a very distinctive sound and a great inspiration
Also a couple of VST from Camel Audio http://www.camelaudio.com/ another favourite company. I've installed Alchemy another great allround synth, and two fx VSTs: CamelSpace and CamelCrusher.
Also surfed for a pitch correction module. My budget does not allow for the professional tools like AutoTune or Melodyne, but finally found a freeware called GSnap which seems to be able to fille my current need :-)
Finally I surfed around for a breakbeat "rhythm rearranger" and found the nice VST called Glitch from dBlue, it can rearrange your beats - hack them into bits and apply 9 different effects to the different bits: reverse, slowdown, tapestop, gate and others

No comments:

Post a Comment